Here in South Tyrol, holidays are certainly a good occasion to be at one with nature. But if you think that’s all, you may want to read on – for there’s more to holidays in South Tyrol than just a full immersion into green woods and crystal-clear lakes. The cultural scene here is surprisingly rich and varied, so much so that you might find it hard to choose from the generous list of attractions. The local museums alone cover a wide range of themes. To help you with your planning, we have listed here a choice of the most interesting and curious museums in South Tyrol for you to choose from.
Among the most popular museums in South Tyrol, the six Messner Mountain Museums are scattered across the region:
- MMM Corones is on the Plan de Corones/Kronplatzes (1 km to the lif facilities)
- MMM Ripa is housed at the Castle of Brunico/Bruneck (2 km)
- MMM Dolomites is nestled in the area between Pieve di Cadore and Cortina d’Ampezzo (92 km)
- MMM Firmian awaits you at Castle Firmiano/Sigmundskron (85 km)
- MMM Juval towers over the entrance to the Val Senales/Schnalstal (124 km)
- MMM Ortles is in the village of Solda all’Ortles/Sulden am Ortler (170 km)
Other must-visit museums in South Tyrol:
If you wish to explore the array of themes and museums, we will be happy to help with suggestions and tips. Just ask our reception team and they will tell you all you need to know to enrich your holidays in the Alps with interesting cultural highlights, and provide detailed information on how to reach the various attractions starting from our hotel in Italy.